See here the list of Top 10 best electric griddle. Read the buying guide and other important factors before making a selection for you or any of your dear ones.
The electric grill
To grill with an electric table grill, a nearby outlet is required. For a table, electric grill is equipped with an electric heating coil and is operated via the mains current. As a result, flexibility is somewhat limited. Although you can use an electric table grill on the balcony, on the terrace and possibly in the garden, these grills are less suitable for the camping trip.
It is advantageous that an electric table grill develops almost no smoke. Because of this, you can use such a grill ideal as a table grill for indoors. Thus, you can use this table grill in good weather as well as in bad weather. At the same time, an electric barbecue is ideal if you have neither a balcony nor a terrace or a garden. In addition, with an electric table grill, you can avoid complaints from sensitive neighbours.
Other advantages of an electric grill include the temperature control: Many models are equipped with a rotary knob. With this, you can regulate the temperature and adapt to the grilled food. In addition, you can barbecue with an electric grill environmentally friendly and healthy. Because with such a grill no carcinogenic substances are released.
The charcoal grill
Charcoal grills are the most classic and widely used grills. A charcoal table grill provides the typical grill atmosphere and can give the barbecue a smoky flavour. However, charcoal grills are associated with a number of disadvantages. These include, among other things, the smoke and the smell that arise when grilling with a charcoal grill. Especially with sensitive neighbours, this can be a problem. In addition, you can not use a charcoal table grill indoors because of the smoke. Also, keep in mind that a charcoal grill can release carcinogenic substances. These arise when fat or meat juice reaches the embers. However, you can avoid the release of these toxins. This is achieved by indirect grilling. Alternatively, you can use barbecue bowls and aluminium foil to catch the dripping embers.
You should not forget that a charcoal grill is basically an open hearth. Accordingly, there is a certain accident risk.
Another disadvantage is that you usually have to expect a longer preparation time for a charcoal table grill. However, the heating takes place, compared to a charcoal barbecue, due to the smaller fire bowl usually faster. For this, you can use a charcoal table grill because of the small fire bowl often only for a limited period of up to 90 minutes.
Typical barbecue atmosphere
The gas grill
A gas table grill is operated neither with electricity nor with charcoal or with briquettes. Instead, you need a gas bottle or a gas cartridge to operate a gas grill. If you would like to use the gas grill on the way, for example for camping trips, you should prefer the gas cartridge. Gas cartridges can be transported easier than heavy gas cylinders. If you would like to have a barbecue in your garden or on your balcony, it is often better to grab gas bottles. As a table grill for inside you should not use a gas grill. Because when grilling with a gas table grill creates smoke. However, the smoke is lower than when grilling with a charcoal grill.
The gas grills can convince above all by their quick operational readiness. In addition, a gas grill allows precise regulation of the temperature. To create a gas table grill, just like an electric table grill, no toxic substances. The disadvantages of gas table grills include the usually higher purchase price, the sometimes higher weight and the lack of smoke flavour.
To buy a table grill: You should pay attention to the following 7 criteria
Table grills offer a lot of advantages compared to barbecues: They are compact, can be used indoors in some cases and provide a cosy grill ambience. But which table grill is the best? If you want to buy a table grill, you should check several factors. At STERN.de we present several of these criteria. In addition to the operating mode of the device, you should pay attention to the following aspects:
1. The housing material: It is particularly advantageous if the housing of the grill is made of stainless steel. This material looks high quality, is weather-resistant and allows easy cleaning. Many table grills are, however, provided with powder-coated or enamelled steel. This material is also quite stable and weather resistant. Some other models are made of plastic. This material is lightweight and easy to clean.
2. The grill plate: If it is an electric table grill it is often provided with a grill plate. This is usually made of die-cast aluminium. It is advantageous if you can remove the grill plate. There are also table grills, which are provided with a grill. This rust is usually chrome-plated or made of stainless steel.
3. The non-stick coating: If the table grill is provided with a grill plate, the plate should be equipped with a non-stick coating. If the table grill is non-stick coated, you can clean the grill plate after grilling more easily. In addition, thanks to the non-stick coating, the food can not burn so quickly. For many models, the coating is Teflon. Other table grills have a ceramic coating.
4. The grill size: The manufacturers specify the grill size usually in centimetres and / or in square centimetres. A small table grill with an area of about 1,000 square centimetres is usually sufficient for up to three or four people. Some models are larger and intended for about four to eight people. An extremely large table grill has an area of more than 3,000 square centimetres. These models are suitable for more than ten people.
5. The thermostat: Most table grills are equipped with a thermostat. This allows you to adjust the temperature often stepless and thus cook any food to be grilled at an optimum temperature. Some models even have more than one temperature controller. In these devices, the grill surface is divided into different areas. Several thermostats allow you to grill items that require a different temperature at the same time.
6. The lid: Partly table grills are provided with a lid. If you prefer indirect grilling, a table grill with lid is particularly important. In addition, you can often use the lid as a windbreak.
7. The performance: If you want to buy an electric table grill, you should look at the performance of the model. The performance of the device depends mainly on the size of the grill. A small electric grill for a balcony or terrace should best have a capacity of at least 2,000 watts. Larger models are often equipped with a higher performance. If you want to buy an electric table grill cheap, you should keep in mind that cheap table barbecues partly have a low performance. If the grill does not get hot enough, it will affect the taste of the barbecue. Because this makes it necessary to cook the food for a longer time. After too long cooking time, the meat becomes chewy.
What is the difference between direct and indirect grilling?
Some table grills are suitable for direct and indirect barbecue. But what is the difference between these two grilling methods and for which barbecue is the indirect grilling suitable? At STERN.de we want to give answers to these questions. Therefore, we explain both grill variants in more detail below.
1. The direct barbecue
When directly grilling, place the grilled food over the heat source, so that the heat gets directly to the grill food. As a rule, the grilled goods are grilled in this grilling method at temperatures of up to 300 degrees Celsius. Mostly, you have to turn the food after a few minutes of direct grilling. The direct grill variant is suitable, for example, for the following grilled goods:
2. Indirect grilling
Indirect grilling requires a table grill with lid and thermometer. With this method of grilling, you will lay the grilled food sideways over the heat source. Thus, the heat will only indirectly hit the barbecues. Temperatures between 150 and 200 degrees Celsius usually prevail on the sides of the grill. Therefore, you can cook the barbecue food gently using this method. A turning off the grill goods is not required. Especially if you want to cook on the grill great meats, it is worthwhile the indirect grilling. For example, you can barbecue a whole chicken indirectly.
How do I clean a table grill?
It makes sense to clean the table grill after each use. This keeps the grill clean and prevents the spread of germs and bacteria. At STERN.de we have put together nine tips for the care and cleaning of table grills. These include:
If you want to clean an electric table grill, you should first pull the plug. In addition, no liquids should enter the interior during cleaning. If water or another liquid runs into the housing, a short circuit may occur. No matter which type of grill you want to clean, it is important that the appliance has cooled down.