Here are the top 10 best-rated refrigerators under $2000. You can also check the buying guide given here to make your selection perfect.
Refrigerators at a Glance
Before buying a refrigerator, there are a few factors you should consider:
- High energy efficiency class: This depends on product type, manufacturer and useful content and goes from C to A +++. However, the minimum rating of a recommended refrigerator should be A. The energy label for each device shows the annual power consumption, expressed in kWh.
- Appropriate usable content: The useful content should depend on the number of people who want to use the refrigerator and the place you use to set up, be selected. On average, about 50 liters per person are needed. If you need a device with a high freeze volume (more than 100 l), it is especially good.
- Quiet operating noise: Depending on where you set up your fridge, the operating noise should not be too loud. A decibel number of 38 is usually standard here.
- Different cooling compartments: A sensible storage of your refrigerator is essential in order to be able to store the food as long as possible. Ideally, you will need a free arrangement of compartments and adjustable sliding shelves. Special cooling compartments for e.g. Depending on the model, fruit, vegetables or cheese or cold storage compartments are also available to you and make sense.
- Design and processing: The eye eats as you know. This also applies to a kitchen appliance such as the refrigerator. Some like its classic white others prefer a stainless steel front. But there are also unusual models, such as the VW bus retro design. In addition to the design, it also depends on a high-quality workmanship. It must not rattle or wobble – especially bottles you should be able to store safely.
Refrigerator Leaderboard 2019
The camera in the fridge: Once smiles, please!
A camera in the fridge? It is the latest highlight of the manufacturer. has demonstrated it and also pulls. The camera is attached to the refrigerator door and can thus record the content and forward to your or. So you can easily check on the way home, which is still missing for your favorite dish. Prerequisite is the appropriate app on your phone and a pair with the camera. also has a camera for the fridge. Here, however, you still need the SmartDeviceBox, this must be purchased separately depending on the equipment. Disadvantage: To “click” the refrigerator door has to be opened as the camera needs light and can only take pictures from a certain angle.
A Wi-Fi camera allows you to use this feature without being a refrigerator with a camera. Nice additions, such as notifications for food you need on a regular basis, may be on top of it.
When it comes to the question of the meaningfulness of this innovation, there is clearly an advantage to be seen: With the help of these cameras, fewer food items should end up in the garbage. You are shopping now and unsure if you still have whipped cream for the next birthday cake at home? Then take a look in your fridge, or rather on the pictures you get. This will help you avoid duplication and save money at the same time.
These refrigerators we recommend you
The next party is on and you are prepared: The drinks are cool and you have ice cubes also in stock – a refrigerator (often with integrated freezer compartment) belongs to the absolute basic equipment of a household.
Still, the question arises: Which refrigerator should it be?
You now have a large selection of many different types of refrigerators. We will tell you which refrigerators are recommended and give you an overview of the important purchase criteria.
Bosch KSV29VW40 Series 4 – The Economical
Here you will find a spacious fridge with 290-liter capacity. Its power consumption is at a low 71 kWh per year. You do not have to worry about annoying operating noises with this Bosch refrigerator. The quiet 39 dB are barely audible. This fridge is freestanding and not installable. Unfortunately, you have to do without an icebox here. The door can only be opened by pulling hard. The dimensions are 160 x 60 x 65 cm. The Bosch KSV29VW40 Series 4 is operated with the refrigerant isobutane, which has a very low greenhouse effect. Also installed are a digital temperature display and transport rollers. Other important features of this refrigerator are here for you:
- Energy efficiency class A +++
- Acoustic Door Alarm
- Automatic Defrost
Im has truncated the KIR21AD40 with a score of 1.6. The good cooling and the temperature stability were praised here.
Conclusion: The small but nice Bosch KIR21AD40 is ideal for about 2 people and is characterized by its low volume and the versatile features.
You’re spoiled for choice: From side-by-side to retro-style refrigerators.
Refrigerators are very different in terms of how they can be used. Here, above all, your need for comfort and how much usable content you need for the respective subjects. This is given in liters and determines the size of the device.
The size depends on the type of construction. So offers a table refrigerator with a height of max. 50 cm rarely more space than 50 l. Although there are standards for built-in and standing fridges, these are not met by every model. The standard for built-in refrigerators is 54 x 177.5 x 54.5 cm. However, standing fridges have dimensions of 59.5 x 85 x 60 cm.
With regard to the useful volume, the following rough classification can be made:
- Small Refrigerator: up to 150 l
- Medium Refrigerator: about 211 l
- Large Refrigerator: over 300 l
As you can see, making statements about the different sizes is not so easy. It is best to inform yourself in advance which dimensions you need and use these parameters to find the right refrigerator for you. Of course, the number of refrigerators or freezers varies depending on the size and product type.
Which refrigerator is right for you?
The following questions should be asked before buying, to get a concrete clue:
- Do you need a built-in refrigerator or should it be a freestanding appliance?
- Do you often buy frozen food or do you occasionally freeze?
- Do you think the fridge should be practical or do you put a lot of emphasis on the design?
In order to get a better feel for the different types, we have different types of refrigerators here
- have a very bulbous, round design and are often in pastel colors or bright colors.
- Comes with built-in freezer or as a fridge-freezer.
- Not suitable as built-in or undercounter.
- These models are all quite expensive.
People who care about the design of their refrigerator and who want an eye-catcher.
There are also special refrigerators for drinks, mini-kitchens cabinets and. Beverage or wine refrigerators often have a glass door, so that the content remains manageable at a glance. In addition, you can also choose with some manufacturers, whether the handles are left or right – or even in the door “retractable” are.
A refrigerator generates electricity costs of 17-150 €. The German “average fridge” with 250 l consumes about 30 € per year. If you would like more detailed information on the respective consumption, take a look here.
Refrigerator – built-in or freestanding?
Also an important criterion: The installation method. Here, your kitchen, and how you want to integrate your fridge, dictates the product selection. You can choose between a built-in, built-in or freestanding refrigerator.
Independent installation in the room. Its design is also known as a standard unit. It is available from 79 cm height and with three-star Fach. Ebenfalls are available as a fridge-freezer combination with a height of up to 219 cm.
The structure of your refrigerator needs to fit your needs. Therefore, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Usable volume: Do you buy more often but spend less? Then you have a device with less volume. Remember: Only an optimally filled refrigerator can run efficiently. Per person about 50-70 liters of the useful volume are required – the real need is very individual.
- Vegetable compartment: Do you like to eat a lot of fresh vegetables? Then your new refrigerator should have a large vegetable compartment. High humidity damages the food and leads to mold growth. New models therefore often have an exhaust air function, which reduces the moisture content in the interior.
- 0 Degrees Zone: This zone is ideal for meat and fish fans. It is also known as a cold storage compartment. There, the food stays fresh and aromatic.
- Big Box: If you freeze a lot, make sure you have enough freezer space. Some models offer a big box. There you have a lot of storage space, especially for large frozen food. These boxes are also available for the refrigerated area.
- Bottle racks: refrigerating juices, soft drinks or beer in the fridge is particularly easy with a bottle rack. Alternatively, these can also be stowed in the door compartments – provided with sufficiently high compartments.
- Indoor lighting: This is standard on almost every model today and allows you to keep a good overview of your food even in the dark. The ideal is a LED lighting, this saves additional power.
Refrigerator – Where can I store what?
Many are asking this question and rightly so. Because with a & quot; wrong & quot; Often, foods are not so durable for storage.
- Top tray: It’s warmest here. Therefore, it is recommended there to store cooked food or jam.
- Middle compartment: Dairy products such as yogurt and cheese can be placed there.
- Bottom shelf: It’s best to pick up perishable food such as sausage or meat.
- Lower drawers: With an operating temperature of 8 ° C or special 0 ° C cooling zones, this location is ideal for storing fruit and vegetables.
- Door: There is room for insensitive food such as butter, eggs, or drinks.
There are different reasons for this, we have put together the most common here:
- Too cold: This happens especially in winter when the Ambient temperature drops. In this case, the temperature must be adjusted.
- Bad exhaust air at the back: Make sure that the refrigerator is not too close to the wall or even the opening is covered from above. Otherwise, the air circulation is adversely affected.
- Poor door seal: If the gasket does not close properly, the internal temperature can not be kept constant and the refrigerator will freeze.
These are just a few of the reasons that may be responsible for icing your refrigerator. Incidentally, the optimum or correct refrigerator temperature is 6-8 ° C. In addition there is a humidity of 40-50%.
Useful Features Simplify Handling
Technologies such as No-Frost or Vacation Mode help you save resources, time and money. Here are a few key features and other purchase criteria:
- Volume: If you buy a new refrigerator after a long time, you may be confronted with a different background noise. Subjectively, the new refrigerator may initially seem louder, because it makes different sounds due to other technology. Pay attention therefore to the decibel data: 38dB are today mostly standard. However, this value may vary slightly depending on the model.
- Defrost: Here you have the choice:
- No-Frost: saves you from defrosting, but the annual power consumption is higher here. However, you are better off with this than with an iced refrigerator that consumes about 10-15% more energy. Almost only devices in the A ++ range are available.
- Low-frost or automatic defrost function: regulates ice formation in the freezer area. The refrigerator must, therefore, be thawed less often.
- Turbo-freeze: for particularly fast freezing in the freezer compartment. The same function is also available for the refrigerated section, which is referred to as a “quick cooling function”.
- Eco and holiday function: This saves energy costs if you are going on vacation or are away from home for a longer period of time.
- Touch Display: Refrigerators with displays are finding their way more and more often. There you can easily make your own settings.